Thursday, August 6, 2009

Stuck in a rut ...

Ever felt like just throwing your head back and screaming at your colleagues at work??? Like a super loud scream that would make them sit back and think "what the hell has gotten into her??"

Well that is right where I am right now... stuck in a place I don't want to be... stuck with a bunch of people I don't want to be around every single day... stuck doing mundane things for "managers" who cant seem to even write a simple 2 line email by themselves!! Don't get me wrong... I'm all for helping people. In fact those who know me well probably haven't ever seen me refuse to help someone out or have ever seen me stress and not smile. Lately though when it comes to the work front, I have absolutely nothing to smile about. I mean we all have our limits right???

I have nothing against these people. Most of them used to be pretty nice. Guess the power's gone to their heads now cos they suddenly can't seem to do even the smallest of tasks and need a female (a.k.a slave) to write their e-mails, answer their phones, make their appointments and all that jazz. This from people who used to do it all themselves not too long ago. Hard to believe how soon people change.

At least I have one buddy from my old workplace here with me. He makes things somewhat bearable by doing all sorts of crazy things that cheer me up. Plus there are a few others who are actually very nice people and do not act like they own the world and everyone in it!! Including the big bosses ... who are down to earth and simple. Few of the reasons why I haven't just quit and stormed outta there!!

Ahhh how I long for the place I used to work at 2 years ago. A team that could not be torn apart by anything or anyone ... work that actually meant something and was done with such passion... bonds that were created to last a lifetime...

And now... its off to bed... gotta wake up early to go to work tomo... sigh ...

3 comments:

Lady divine said...

i have people I want to kill in my workplace! I fantasize murder in great detail. with pure torture..

Not healthy.

But gets me through for the moment.

I HATE this.. sigh..

plus. no promotion. no increment.

SUCKS!

I feel like a slave too.

Pink Angel said...

Guess we're all stuck in the same rut!!

dramaqueen said...

Tell me about it. Lets reunite.